Information we collect and the means used to collect:
Weymouth, Swayze & Corroon Insurance Inc. (WSC) collects information about our customers that is necessary to provide those services usual and customary to independent insurance agents. WSC collects this necessary information from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications or other forms, this information may include, but is not limited to, your name, address, and date of birth.
- Information about our clients’ transactions with us; this information may include, but is not limited to, claims and payment history.
- Information we receive from a consumer-reporting agency; this information may include, but is not limited to, a driving record or insurance score report.
- To collect customer information from the above-stated sources, WSC may use the following means of communication to gather information: written, in-person, telephone, facsimile, electronically, and online.
How we share client information with non-affiliated third parties:
We don’t share information about our customers or former customers with non-affiliated third parties other than as permitted or required by law. For example, WSC may share all of the information listed above with non-affiliated third parties for, including but not limited to, the following reasons:
- Information that is necessary to service or process the insurance needs of our clients, in a manner that is consistent with the usual and customary services provided by independent insurance agents. Such usual and customary services or processes provided by WSC to its customers include but are not limited to underwriting, shopping the renewal, rating, placement, and providing quotes for insurance that is germane to the coverage the customer places with our agency.
- Information that is necessary to protect the confidentiality or security of our client’s records
- Information that is necessary to resolve client disputes or inquiries
- Information that is required by individuals or entities who are assessing our legal compliance.
- Information that is required for WSC to comply with the law.
- To an actuarial or research organization for the purpose of conducting actuarial or research studies
- Information that is necessary to protect against or prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims, or other liability
We may disclose all of the information we collect, as described above, to companies that perform marketing or other services on our behalf or to other financial institutions with whom we have joint marketing agreements.
How we share client information with affiliated parties:
We do not share client information with any affiliate.
Our practices regarding information confidentiality and security:
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to guard your information. These safeguards include but are not limited to the following:
- We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about our clients and former clients to those employees who need to know that information in order to assist in providing services or products to the customer.
- We will punish any employees who impermissibly share client information.
- We use a secure Internet and e-mail provider to protect the confidentiality of electronic communications.